The Lake Champlain Islands Economic Development Corporation is here to assist island businesses. If there are resources you would like to see on this page feel to give us a call at 802-372-8400 or email our Executive Director
Vermont Law School Legal Assistance
You will receive a no-fee consultation, up to 60 minutes, with VLS professors and students. The team will provide a summary of your conversation, recommendations for next steps and a referral if appropriate. Means-sensitive legal consultation may be available. Any attorney meetings after the initial consultation will be billed on a per hour basis at the discretion of the lawyer or firm.Intake Form
- Efficiency Vermont, offering subsidies and grants to reduce energy costs for home and business owners
- The Vermont Small Business Development Center, offers no-cost expert assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity, addressing fundamental issues of economic, social, environmental, and racial justice.
- Small Business Administration, Vermont, Provides help with SBA services including funding programs, counseling, federal contracting certifications, and disaster recovery. Can also connect you to partner organizations, lenders, and other community groups that help small businesses succeed.
- Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, encompassing three major state departments and many programs that serve the Vermont public by enhancing the Vermont business climate, marketing Vermont to tourists and others, and strengthening communities in a wide variety of ways.
- Lake Champlain Chamber, focused on economic opportunity for all Vermonters and serving as a resource to our business community.
Past LCIEDC Webinars
Other Available Webinars and Online Courses
- Insurance Basics for Small Business
- Facebook Marketing for Beginners
- Basic Business Law
- Wifi Marketing for Outdoor Spaces
- The Nuts and Bolts of Social Media
- Introduction to Business Taxes
- Small Business Lending Panel
- Finding and Attracting Investors
- Pricing Models for Successful Business
- Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Understanding Your Customer
- Marketing 101
- Market Research
A Grand Isle County that is a healthy, safe, and prosperous place to live and work.
Promoting economic opportunity and improving the quality of life in Grand Isle County